- Police officers are more likely than most people to suffer a workplace SCA, due to the high risk and stressful nature of the job.
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) kills 150,000 people every year in the UK, and is responsible for more than a quarter of all deaths.
- When a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) happens, the likelihood of surviving decreases by 10% with every minute that passes without defibrillation.
- There is a 70% chance of survival if defibrillation happens within 3 minutes of the SCA. This increases to 90% if the heart is shocked within one minute of the SCA.
- 75% of NHS ambulances arrive within 8 minutes.
Why the Powerheart® G5 is the best police AED
The Powerheart® G5 AED has been specially engineered to deliver the fastest response in an emergency situation, with the latest features including:
- Built for emergencies – With a lightweight, portable design, and a strong build that meets even military standards.
- Patented Rescue Ready® technology – Completes presence functionality and expiration checks on the pads, battery, and internal circuitry every day.
- Variable shock power – Our STAR® biphasic software and variable escalating energy tailors the power of the shocks given to the patient’s heart.
- Professional control – The device is available in either automatic or semi-automatic versions, the latter giving first responders full control of treatment.
- Comprehensive indemnification policy – Our indemnification policy covers anyone using the defibrillator.
- Cross-service communication – The built-in screen displays all the information a paramedic will need on arrival: the patient’s heart rate, the waveform, the elapsed time, and the number of shocks delivered.
- One of the longest warranties in the industry – Your defibrillator will be covered for eight years, while the Intellisense® battery comes with a four-year full operational guarantee.
Contact Cardiac Science today for specialist advice about defibrillators for law enforcement organisations, and our friendly team will be happy to help.