- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) kills 150,000 people every year in the UK, and is responsible for more than a quarter of all deaths.
- When a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) happens, the likelihood of surviving decreases by 10% with every minute that passes without defibrillation.
- There is a 70% chance of survival if defibrillation happens within 3 minutes of the SCA. This increases to 90% if the heart is shocked within one minute of the SCA.
- 75% of NHS ambulances arrive within 8 minutes.
- Cardiac Science Powerheart® AEDs are easy to use – with one on hand, anyone can save a life.
What’s the best AED for home use?
We believe that the best AED for homes is the one that’s easiest to use, and which conducts extensive self-tests every day to ensure it is rescue ready.
So for your home AED, we recommend the Powerheart® G5 AED:
- We’ll guide you through – Our RescueCoach™ voice prompts and handy text screen explain exactly how to use the defibrillator, to help you through the process.
- Automatic shock, and only when needed – Our proprietary RhythmX algorithm analyses the heart rhythm to see if it needs shocking. If it doesn’t, the defibrillator won’t deliver a shock.
- Rescue Ready® every day – Our patented Rescue Ready® technology scans your device every single day, ensuring critical components like pads, batteries and internal circuitry are present and functional.
- Customised shock power – Using our STAR® biphasic software and variable escalating energy, your defibrillator will tailor the number and power of shocks to what the patient needs.
- We protect the rescuers – Our comprehensive indemnification policy protects even untrained people from liability, while some other providers may only defend individuals trained and certified in AED and CPR.
- 8 years of warranty – We give our customers one of the longest warranties in the industry, and also protect the Intellisense® battery that powers the AED with a full operational 4-year guarantee. This is more than just a standard battery warranty. If the battery becomes low at any time in a four year period, we will replace it to ensure you receive four years of service for the initial cost of the battery.
Another benefit of having an AED for home use is for the community as a whole. While there are public access defibrillators dotted across the UK, not every local area is fortunate enough to have one. Letting your neighbours know there’s a defibrillator nearby could help save a life in an emergency – just for the price of a desktop computer.
Contact Cardiac Science today to find out more about getting a home defibrillator, and our friendly team will be happy to help.
Order Yours Now