- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) kills 150,000 people every year in the UK, and is responsible for more than a quarter of all deaths.
- When a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) happens, the likelihood of surviving decreases by 10% with every minute that passes without defibrillation.
- There is a 70% chance of survival if defibrillation happens within 3 minutes of the SCA. This increases to 90% if the heart is shocked within one minute of the SCA.
- 75% of NHS ambulances arrive within 8 minutes.
Which public access AED is right for me?
We believe that the best community public access defibrillators are the models that are easiest to use, and which conduct extensive self-tests every day to ensure they are rescue ready.
So if you’d like to set up any public access defibrillator locations near you, we recommend the Powerheart® G5 AED:
- Easy instructions – With on-screen guidance and our RescueCoach™ voice prompts, anyone who is willing and able to use the machine can save a life.
- Built-in heart rhythm analysis – Our RHYTHMx® technology checks if the heart rate is shockable, and won’t issue a shock if it isn’t.
- Extensive daily self-checks – Our patented Rescue Ready® technology self-checks the pads, battery, and internal circuitry for presence and functionality every day, and tests the high-voltage capacitors by bringing them to a full charge every month.
- Variable and escalating energy – Variable energy customises the power of the electric shock, so each patient receives the right amount of energy. If more than one shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR® biphasic software escalates the energy to a higher level.
- We protect the rescuers – Our comprehensive indemnification policy helps cover those who use the defibrillator.
- An eight-year warranty – We provide one of the industry’s longest warranties, as well as a four-year, full operational replacement guarantee on the Intellisense® battery.
Whether you’re a business, a community group or a charitable organisation, installing a public access defibrillator could be the difference between life and death for someone in your community. Just take a look at our blog for some real-life examples of why AEDs are so important.
Contact Cardiac Science today to find out more about getting an AED for your community, and our friendly team will be happy to help