- Cardiovascular disease (CVD) kills 150,000 people every year in the UK, and is responsible for more than a quarter of all deaths.
- When a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) happens, the likelihood of surviving decreases by 10% with every minute that passes without defibrillation.
- There is a 70% chance of survival if defibrillation happens within 3 minutes of the SCA. This increases to 90% if the heart is shocked within one minute of the SCA.
- 75% of NHS ambulances arrive within 8 minutes.
- Cardiac Science Powerheart® AEDs are easy to use – with one on hand, anyone can save a life.
What’s the best defibrillator for airports and planes?
We believe that the best defibrillator for the aviation industry is one that airport employees, flight attendants, and even passengers can all use with ease, is TSO certified and which conducts extensive self-tests every day to ensure it is rescue ready.
So for your plane defibrillator or airport AED, we recommend the Powerheart® G5 AED:
- Anyone can use it – With a useful text screen and RescueCoach™ voice prompts, rescuers will be told exactly what to do as they attempt resuscitation.
- Exclusive RhythmX Technology – This monitors the patient’s heart rhythm and delivers automatic shocks, but only when needed. You can’t defibrillate a patient whose heart rate doesn’t require it.
- Rescue Ready® every day – To ensure each one of the critical components is present and functional, our patented technology scans your device every single day – including pads, battery, and internal circuitry.
- Customised shocks – Your defibrillator will tailor the number and power of shocks to patient needs, using our STAR® biphasic software and variable escalating energy.
- Comprehensive liability protection – Our indemnification policy protects anyone using the defibrillator for its intended purpose, not just those who are trained to use it. Few other sellers do this.
- 8 years of warranty– With one of the longest warranties in the industry, the G5 is a solid investment for your business. Its Intellisense® battery also comes with a full operational 4-year guarantee – which is more than just a standard battery warranty. If the battery becomes low at any time in a four year period—including if this is from being used in rescues—we will replace it, ensuring you receive four years of service for the initial cost of the battery.
- A safe environment for passengers and staff – Providing defibrillators to protect your customers and colleagues from SCAs is vital to your reputation as a trusted aviation business.
Contact Cardiac Science today to find out more about AED for planes, AED in airports, or AED on airlines and other aviation businesses. Our friendly team will be happy to help.