Some buying decisions are based on cost; others on necessity; this one should be about readiness, ready to help protect your employees, visitors and customers from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
There are more than 30,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests (OHCAs) in the UK each year1, less than one in ten of those victims survive to be discharged from hospital2.
With better awareness of SCA and automated external defibrillators (AEDs), more and more organisations are recognising the need for AEDs in their facilities. This is why Cardiac Science are looking at ways to help support companies to develop their own AED programme and create a heartsafe environment.
To find out more about developing an AED programme for your workplace and to qualify for a free Premium Carry Case and Ready Kit (pictured below) when you order, please complete the form to the right of the screen and a Cardiac Science representative will be in touch.
Download the Powerheart® G5 Brochure by clicking here.
The Powerheart® G5 is the first AED to combine variable escalating energy with fast shock times and real-time CPR feedback. It provides a step-by-step guide with a powerful combination of features that help rescuers provide SCA victims with swift, effective, life-saving therapy.
Rest easy knowing your Powerheart® AED will perform as expected during a rescue thanks to Rescue Ready® technology that performs rigorous daily, weekly, and monthly self-tests. The Powerheart® also includes a medical-grade battery with a 4-year full operational guarantee, an 8-year warranty, and the best tools and support.
To find out more click here
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is an ‘electrical’ problem. Sudden cardiac arrest occurs when the heart malfunctions and suddenly and unexpectedly stops beating normally. If this happens, blood stops flowing to the brain and other vital organs. This results in the victim becoming unresponsive and not breathing or not breathing normally (gasping). If it’s not treated, sudden cardiac arrest usually causes death within minutes.
Every minute counts.
With sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), every minute without CPR and defibrillation reduces the chance of survival by 7-10 per cent. The shorter the time to defibrillation, the better the chance of survival. If a victim receives a shock within one minute, there is a 90% chance of survival. If a victim waits 10 minutes for a shock, the chance of survival drops to less than 5%.
Cardiac Science was founded in 1991, and has quickly become a leader in developing and marketing potentially life-saving AED technology. The company has continually brought innovation to the AED category, and has achieved more than 100 patents in pursuit of its primary goal: to contribute to saving more lives by delivering the highest quality AEDs available.
From Rescue Ready® technology that self-tests Powerheart® AEDs every day and helps ensure readiness, to STAR® Biphasic technology that customises defibrillation energy to the patient,
Powerheart AEDs incorporate technology that ensure they are easy to use and ready to rescue. It’s a legacy of innovation that goes back to the company’s early days, when Cardiac Science developed the first FDA-cleared fully automatic defibrillator.
Cardiac Science Capital allows you to finance your entire Powerheart® G5 AED programme, including AEDs, training, and Rescue Ready® Services, for 1 to 5 years (12-60 months) with no down payment and affordable payment plans. To find out more click here.