Why Do I Need AEDs?
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is a leading cause of death, killing more than one million people worldwide each year. SCA can strike persons of any age, gender, race, and even those who seem in good health, as evidenced by world-class professional athletes at the peak of fitness.
When sudden cardiac arrest occurs, the heart is no longer able to pump blood to the rest of the body, and in more than 90% of its victims, death occurs. This is usually caused when the electrical impulses in the affected heart become rapid (ventricular tachycardia, or “VT”) or chaotic (ventricular fibrillation, or “VF”), or both. A defibrillator is required to restore a natural rhythm.
These irregular heart rhythms are arrhythmias. The general public and media often mistakenly refer to SCA as a massive heart attack.
To us, the Powerheart represents medical technology at its finest. When you trust your heart safety to the Powerheart AED G3 Plus, you get:
- The device is Rescue Ready®, meaning it self-tests the battery, hardware, software, and defibrillation pads daily to ensure it works when you need it.
Ease of Use
- RescueCoach™ voice prompts and metronome guide you through a very stressful rescue situation.
- The device knows when to (and when not to) deliver the shock.
- The unit prompts for CPR with a built-in metronome that sets the pace for proper chest compressions.
- The text screen lends extra help in noisy and chaotic environments.
- Each AED is under warranty for seven years – one of the longest in the industry.
- A four-year, full operational guarantee on the Intellisense® lithium battery (one year for the G3 Pro model) is also provided.
Take a tour of this portal and provide us with your feedback!